Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Helping Hands...A Hand Up, Not a Hand Out

This is used with permission from the blog of a fellow Wild Rose Press author, Alisha Paige, who is helping out a friend. If there's anything you can do to help, please contact Alisha at alishapaigewilson@yahoo.com.

Helping Hands....Single Mom in Need of Diapers/Milk

My friend, Portia is in need of Diapers and Milk. She has not been paid for over a month and has filed a Wage Dispute against her employer. How bad is that? I've been there. I worked for a plastic surgeon...yep, a doctor that didn't pay his employees on time. I went through the same thing and it's a long process. I eventually received my back pay but it took awhile. Portia's little girl is in need of small size PULL UPS and her little boy is in need of size 5/6 DIAPERS.

If you have any extras you didn't use with your kids or know of any place that would like to donate, please email me at alishapaigewilson@yahoo.com. I can email you my home address to mail them to and I'll deliver the items or her home address if you prefer. I'm going to just buy her some milk. Every kid deserves an endless supply of milk and it just breaks my heart. These are tough times for everyone right now but even little gestures can mean a lot. She's not asking for hand outs and does not want anyone to spend their own money but if you have leftovers from your kids or have friends that do, please gather them up and let me know. I know I always had leftovers when my kids grew like weeds.

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and for your love and support.

Here's to a better 2009!

Alisha Paige

No comments: