Sunday, April 17, 2011

Keeping Up With a Friend

"Keep your friendships in repair." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

That's what I was busy doing today...having a spontaneous lunch with a friend who moved away several years ago, and I haven't seen in a while. It was nice to catch up :). Sunday continues to be my day of rest, apparently from the blog, too. While I've been busy since I rolled out of bed, all of it has been spiritually uplifting. Qigong class, Mass, lunch with a friend, some leisurely errands run, a few books browsed and bought, and now it's time to pick up my son, maybe get a walk in, a light supper, and then settle in for Movie Night, which is something we've done for the past 12 years on Sunday nights.

I'm really enjoying my new Sundays...and to think, I almost didn't go to Mass today. I thought it would be too crowded.

Here's another good one: I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar. ~ Robert Brault, Freelance Writer


No comments: