Sunday, January 11, 2009

Keep Clicking to Make a Difference in 2009


When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate. ~Ann Landers

I'm still clicking away daily at the Hunger/Literacy/Breast Cancer/Child Health/Animal Rescue/Rainforest site. It really helps, getting that daily reminder, which any of the sites you choose to click on will gladly send you. I just happened to click on the animal rescue link, so that's who sends me my daily email.

What was really neat, was one day when I got my email a few weeks ago I learned that the week's winner of that week's $1000 award from the site was the Days End Farm Horse Rescue Shelter, which is in Lisbon, Maryland. My friend Maggie wrote a romantic suspense novel (Amazon link) about a horse rescue farm, and the villain who wants to sabotage it, and is donating the proceeds from the sale of her book (Wild Rose Press e-book link) to....The Days End Farm Horse Rescue shelter.

Small world, isn't it?

In 2008, people simply clicking on the sites paid for

72.0 million cups of food for the hungry

7577 mammograms

989,957 children to get healthcare

522,292 books for children (over half a million books!)

14,957 acres of rainforest to be saved

and 77.8 million bowls of food for rescued animals


It's such a small thing to do. But what you do makes a difference.

Everything you do makes a difference. There is no kindness in the universe that goes unnoticed.

2 comments:

Maggie Toussaint said...

Thank you for your kindness, Liana! I appreciate the mention of No Second Chance and your helping Day's End Farm Horse Rescue.

Maggie
www.maggietoussaint.com

Hywela Lyn said...

I'm so glad Day's End Farm had an award. Of course as a horse lover, horse sanctuaries are very close to my heart. I click on all the sites daily too - as you say that daily reminder is so useful and it takes so little time. Who would think that in this materialistic, greed motivated world, sparing the time to make a few clicks with a mouse could do so much for so many good causes.