Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday's Inspirational Quote

The ulitmate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children. ~Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I got this quote from the front page of the The Rainforest Site. I blogged about this site a while back, Click to Give Hope. I now get a daily email reminder to click for the rainforest, hunger, literacy, breast cancer, animal rescue and children's health. This morning when I clicked, this quote was on The Rainforest Site, but by the time I got my act together, it was gone, replaced by another. Thankfully, it came around again, so I could copy it :) .

It only takes a minute to click on all six sites, and I want to note that the Breast Cancer Site is having a special click-fest, where they're trying to reach 300 mammograms, so they can help fund a cure with $20,000 through their charitable partner, GreaterGood.org. As of today, they have reached 18% of their goal. Yesterday it was 17%. So every click counts.

Last, but not least, it's time to start thinking of Christmas again. My son and I have decided that instead of giving gifts to each other this year, as we have for the past two years, we will donate what we would have spent to Heifer International, to help fight world hunger.

It's not just about leaving a good world to our children, it's about teaching them how they can help while they are still children, so that lesson carries on to their adulthood and to their children.

Please consider Heifer International in your gift-giving this holiday season. In the meantime, sign up for a daily reminder to click for other worthy causes.

1 comment:

Sheryl Browne said...

Signed up for that, Liana. How could I not? I'm a mum. :)